Penmar Industries, Inc. is in the search for an experienced Purchasing Specialist. The ideal candidate is a high-energy individual who will be very engaged in what they do and proud of the results and energy they bring to their day-to-day role. This candidate must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, be a team player, communicate effectively across multiple functions and continuously look for process improvements. We are looking for someone with superior leadership skills that wishes to grow within the organization and eventually be in a leadership role.
- Maintain organized stock of inventory for commonly used materials
- Communicate with vendors, customers and operations to order materials based on existing and future production needs
- Receive incoming and inspect orders to ensure the count is correct and the materials are without damage
- Keep an organized and safe work environment
- Collaborate with various internal departments and external customers as needed
- Data entry for purchasing, pricing, inventory and accounting information
- Coordinate production capabilities with materials on hand and ability to forecast future demand based on customer needs
- Allocate production raw materials as needed
- Willingness to learn and assume other responsibilities
- Bright, energetic and results oriented personality with superior customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to have a well-structured conversation.
- Organized and able to manage time, managing multiple projects and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word;
- Read and interpret complex information;
- Probe customers to uncover hidden information;
- Listens well, Influence & Persuasion:
- Able to convince others in both positive or negative circumstances;
- Use tact when expressing ideas or opinions; knows how to present new ideas to decision makers;
- Adapt presentations to suit a particular audience; respond to objections successfully.
- Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances;
- Prepare for problems or opportunities in advance;
- Undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
- Use good timing and carefully calculated strategies when bargaining;
- Communicate high value of services over the competition;