We are searching for a Customer Service Representative to join our company located in Stratford, CT. We at Penmar take pride in our legacy of exceeding customer expectations for quality products, reliable service, and providing solutions for challenging problems. The person that we are looking to add to our team will be responsible for the following:
Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills a must. Moreover, this person will be a self-directed and self-starter, confident, and passionate about serving customers. Ability to work in a small business team environment, along with willingness to learn new skills is required.
SAGE experience is a critical requirement for this position. In addition, computer skills such as excel, word, outlook is necessary for this position. Knowledge of UPS and FedEx would be nice to have.
- Provide complete customer relationship management and satisfaction;
- Process orders by filling job envelopes, entering sales orders into system;
- Resolve claims and disputes;
- Manage customer relationships on a daily basis;
- Taking customer orders, making quotes;
- Verifying product availability and delivery schedule;
- Confirm pricing and other charges such as freight, packaging and handling;
- Maintain organized stock of inventory for commonly used materials;
- Communicate with vendors, customers and operations to order materials based on existing and future production needs;
- Receive incoming and inspect orders to ensure the count is correct and the materials are without damage;
- Keep an organized and safe work environment;
- Collaborate with various internal departments and external customers as needed;
- Data entry for A/R, A/P, purchasing, pricing, inventory and accounting information;
- Coordinate production capabilities with materials on hand and ability to forecast future demand based on customer needs;
- Willingness to learn and assume other responsibilities;
- Bright, energetic and results oriented personality with superior customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to have a well-structured conversation.
- Organized and able to manage time, managing multiple projects and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word;
- Read and interpret complex information;
- Probe customers to uncover hidden information;
- Listens well, Influence & Persuasion:
- Able to convince others in both positive or negative circumstances;
- Use tact when expressing ideas or opinions; knows how to present new ideas to decision makers;
- Adapt presentations to suit a particular audience; respond to objections successfully.
- Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances;
- Prepare for problems or opportunities in advance;
- Undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
- Use good timing and carefully calculated strategies when bargaining;
- Communicate high value of services over the competition;