ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Assures process output meets relevant specifications.
- Design, layout, construct, install and service the structural metal (either soldered, riveted or welded jobs) and heavy construction pipe systems including steam, hydraulic, low or high pressure pneumatic, vacuum, industrial production and processing system utilizing drawings, schematics, blue prints, specifications, sketches and/or verbal instructions. Includes the following items: construct guards which are safe and easy to remove: cyclone or other complicated exhaust systems: air and water tight containers or irregular shapes. Jobs requiring the knowledge of plant usage such as: replacement of expansion joints in pressured air/water/steam lines.
- Install and/or repair plumbing equipment, structural metals and fixtures includes plastic, steel, stainless steel, iron and ceramic pipes and metals.
- Work requires the ability to set up and operate a brake shear, rolling machine, welding equipment, etc. Also, the knack of using hand tools for special operations such as rolling sheet metal with a ball peen hammer. Disassemble or setup all manner of machinery or related equipment.
- Works very closely with engineers in designing and creating complete systems including all heavy construction/facilities, structural, plumbing, water/steam lines and drains.
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor of Facility Manager in various projects as assigned.
- Requires little or no supervision. Required to lead second class Maintenance crew and helpers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Machine shop conditions, may be slightly dirty.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.